Simultaneous demonstrations on multiple campuses protest lack of progress
Tenure-track and adjunct faculty, lecturers, professional staff and librarians at nine states colleges and universities in the College Council are rallying to call for a fair contract from the state with fair pay for adjunct faculty and non-tenure track lecturers to compete for talent. In addition, adjunct faculty should receive the same pay as tenure-track faculty teaching additional courses (such as during the summer) and lecturers should receive multi-year contracts to develop a stable faculty core with long-term commitments.
The state College Council is the bargaining agent for 10,000 faculty, professional staff and librarians at the nine state colleges and universities consisting of The College of New Jersey, Kean University, Montclair State University, New Jersey City University and the A. Harry Moore School, Ramapo College of New Jersey, Stockton University, Thomas Edison State University and William Paterson University. The group is currently in contract negotiations with the State’s Office of Employee Relations.
Wednesday, November 20, 2019
- Kean University – 12:30 Corner of Green Land and Morris Ave (across street from Barnes and Noble). https://www.facebook.com/events/975239516180533/
- Montclair State University – 12:30 pm in front of the Feliciano School of Business. https://www.facebook.com/164584583743692/photos/a.413277655541049/1141554759379998/?type=3&theater
- New Jersey City University and the A. Harry Moore School – 2:00 to 4 pm. Meet in front of Gilligan Student Union Building (GSUB). http://njcu.nj.aft.org/news/aft-local-1839-fights-every-day-those-we-represent
- Ramapo College of New Jersey – informational picketing throughout the campus all day.
- Rowan University – TBA
- Stockton University – 12:00 Noon demonstration to the middle of campus (by the large Declaration of Independence). Rodger Jackson 609-674-8931
- The College of New Jersey – 2:30 pm demonstration in front of Green Hall.
- Thomas Edison State University – TBA
- William Paterson University – 12:00 – 2:00 pm, Rally for a Contract (New Orleans Funeral), Meet at Cheng Library clock tower.